The Armies 2010

The Armies 2010

Thursday, July 23, 2009

NEW YORK CITY




wHAT A PLACE...24/7 SIRENS, RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC, AND NOISE...THIS PLACE IS JUST FULL ON.
We arrived into JFK at around midnight and got to the hotel at 1am. We caught a Gypsy Taxi which took us to Manhattan for only USD$45.00. Which was sooo cheap. The hotel was more like a backpackers lodge, but it was a place to rest our heads. Hayden was sick the next morning. Sore Gut from not eating dinner the night before. Thats what happens whenya don't listen to ya wife aye. So he spent the morning in bed while I roamed around NYC looking for a pharmacist. Which lucky for me was just down the road. By Midday..Hayden was up and eager to see the sights and they certainly didn't disappoint. Nothing like a walk thru Times Square, Central Park, down Park Ave thru to the Waldorf Astoria, Grand Central Station and onto Madison Ave. Took us a while but we got through it all. You could easily spend a week there only downside...EXPENSIVE!!! We figured that after all the sightseeing we would hire a car from JFK and drive down to Washington DC and check it out down there. We did it though. With my navigation, passenger seat assisted driving and some positive reinforcement...Hayden made it through to DC. BTW, we were still smiling by the time we got to the Hotel. NB: Make sure you don't use google Maps for directions...they are pretty ambiguous. Americans were so friendly and some even led the way. thanks!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm jealous of your USA tour! :) I read everything, I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Come back again soon.

Bryan, Amy, Michael, Tyler, Emily and Benjamin said...

Hey Margs, I'm enjoying reading about your trip... but most of all... I LOVE that family shot of you guys at the top of your blog!! It's just gorgeous!!