HAEREWA FAMILY REUNION...
For my family, this was the main reason for our trip home. The Haerewa Reunion was a big deal. I grew up not knowing my fathers side of the family, and the last time I had met my immediate cousins for the first time was back in 1996. However, this one was different. This meeting was the very first gathering of the generations stemming from Dick and Matekino Haerewa...My great Grandparents. They had 10 Children and this reunion also included their families and extended families. So you could probably imagine the family history I was gathering. I was a mad woman on fire. I had my laptop with me and my fingers were going non stop entering names etc into PAF. It was great catching up with all the cousins and getting to know my Dads Family...esp his Aunty and Uncle who are the last of their generation. Got some great stories and some very interesting findings concerning my fathers father and gt grandfather. Alas another story. I loved every minute of it and was so glad that I could be apart of this experience.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Wow guys, what an awesome trip, so jealous!! I love the slide boxes Margie, very cute! I wish we could go meet all the family, we'll just have to wait for them all to come here!!
xoxo Pip
Post a Comment